[Spacewalk-list] 0.7 upgrade to nightly

Bushby, Bruce (London)(c) bbushby at maninvestments.com
Tue Feb 2 11:49:01 UTC 2010

This is probably a stupid question....but why "upgrade" spacewalk as apposed to "re-deploying" a fresh install?

I've always avoided upgrades finding they're more head ache then they're worth. On the client side, my build is so automated it's quicker to "re-image" then to upgrade.

On the Satellite/Spacewalk side, I export all my channels (rhn-satellite-exporter) , rebuild and import the channels, configure keys and run a script that registers my clients to the new server.

...although I don't use cobbler/puppet etc, not sure how you would export/import their configs.