[Spacewalk-list] Problem pushing OpenOffice packages

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Feb 2 15:46:19 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, John Hodrien wrote:

>> Pushing Openoffice 3 content to spacewalk 0.6 gave me the following:
>>
>> http://spacewalk.pastebin.com/m77af59ff
>>
>> End result is I can't push those RPMs into spacewalk, which is a bummer.
>> Other packages work fine.
>>
>> I downloaded the standard 64bit RPMS from here:
>>
>> http://download.services.openoffice.org/files/stable/3.1.1/OOo_3.1.1_LinuxX86-64_install_wJRE_en-US.tar.gz
>>
>> If upgrading's a solution, I can do that, but I'd like confirmation from
>> somebody that these can be pushed into 0.7.
>
> Fixed in 0.7, and trivially backportable to 0.6.  Bonza.

Only I was wrong.  That's fixed that part of the problem.  Once the packages
are in, they've got the wrong provides.  To the extent that a package doesn't
provide itself, if you see what I mean.

I had a fish in /usr/share/rhn/server/importLib/headerSource.py but I'm not
exactly sure what I'm looking for.

I can see it go into _populateDependencyInformation and it seems to run
through the provides with empty name/version/flags.

I've tried the odd horrible hack with only partial joy.  Help!

jh