[Spacewalk-list] rhn_check

Kennedy, Ryan rkennedy at PAML.com
Wed Feb 3 20:08:57 UTC 2010

Is there any way to force an update of a system's IP address (e.g. I changed the IP address and want it to update in Spacewalk) w/o manually intervening?  What worked was scheduling a hardware list refresh for the system and then running rhn_check from that host (or wait for it to do it automatically).  It didn't auto-fire with osad, so I am assuming osa-dispatcher must be using the old IP (as Spacewalk has no notion of the new one at this point).  Once I ran rhn_check from the system it updated the IP in Spacewalk and all is well.

Is this the correct/best process for changing a managed system's IP address in Spacewalk?

From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Kennedy, Ryan
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 10:56 AM
To: watts at jayhawks.net; spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] rhn_check

Thanks Jeff.  I think that answers it for me.
I hadn't heard of osad and osa-dispatcher so that is a nice tidbit.  I've installed osad on my test client and it is now instantaneously pushing scheduled updates/etc.  Cool.

Is there much overlap between Spacewalk and Puppet?  I've read a bit on Puppet but haven't used it.  It looks pretty useful though.  Do you know if people are running both Spacewalk and Puppet in conjunction and if they don't step on each others toes much?