[Spacewalk-list] rhn_check

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 22:31:36 UTC 2010

Hrm, I thought that on RHEL5 jabberpy gets picked up as a dependency...

As far as your other questions go, use an activation key with the
kickstart.  osad ought to be started on boot once the kickstart is done and
the system comes back up.  Activation keys can subscribe systems to groups,
software channels, and configuration channels.  I'm not sure about the
monitoring pieces, I haven't had enough time to play with that yet.

Deploying managed files is a bit trickier.  I've found that the Satellite
5.3 "Configuration File Deployment" option in activation keys isn't very
useful for us.  The reason is that some of my configuration files key off of
the short system hostname (NETBIOS name), and unfortunately I can't seem to
find a way to set that until a custom %post script, which runs AFTER the
activation (which deploys config files).  To work around that I turn off
deployment and manually run 'rhncfg-client get' from my %post script.

Jeffrey.

P.S.  As I've said before, I'm working with Satellite 5.3 so some things may
be different.