[Spacewalk-list] Oracle Size Limit Reached

Flaherty, Patrick pflaherty at wsi.com
Tue Feb 16 18:58:15 UTC 2010

Hey All,
 I've had about 60 machines in spacewalk for over a year. Recently I ran
into some strange spacewalk problems (can't alter subscriptions, can't
build repos etc), which I tracked down to be database related using the
catapult log. I purged a bunch of channels and packages I didn't need,
and the problems have seemed to go away. However when I look at the
oracle webpage, I'm still within 10megs of the at the physical limit on
disk. I ran compact database which didn't appear to do anything.

Does anyone have any hits on purging data?
If I were to dump the oracle database and reimport it, would it be any
smaller?

Patrick