[Spacewalk-list] Database connections in spacewalk

Mitchell Broome mitchell.broome at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 21:06:00 UTC 2010

Guys,

I'm running into a problem with spacewalk throwing a 503 every so often.  I
tracked down one of the possible reasons being spacewalk might need more
than the default 40 database connections per
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OracleXeSetup.  So I have found
where you tune oracle to allow more connections but I haven't found where
you tell spacewalk it's self to use more.  Where do you configure the
connection pools for the assorted applications that make up spacewalk?

I'm using Spacewalk 0.7 on CentOS 5.3 (64bit).  I'm talking to a remote
Oracle 10 instance that can currently support 200 connections but spacewalk
is typically running in the 30s for connections.