[Spacewalk-list] Is It Possible to Update Hostname After System Registers to Spacewalk?

Glennie, Jonathan - 0443 - MITLL jrglenni at ll.mit.edu
Fri Feb 19 19:33:16 UTC 2010

Hmm.. something else must be going wrong then.  I had thought that the rhn-profile-sync command might be what I was looking for but it didn't seem to do anything.  I'll have to poke around and see if I can figure out what's going wrong with that then.

Maybe I'm missing something as I am new to the entire kickstart business, but the only way I know to do that is to create an individual kickstart file for each machine with the proper host name set.  Rather than do that that, I prefer using 1 kickstart profile and then running a script on first boot to finalize the machine.