[Spacewalk-list] Packages / Updates not installing automatically on Spacewalk 0.7

David Walsh davow at onthenet.com.au
Mon Jan 4 03:07:45 UTC 2010

Hi,
     I have a client and a server.

The client is 32-bit Centos 5.4.
The server is 32-bit Centos 5.4 with Spacewalk 0.7.

I have gone through and setup everything as per the Wiki sites and have
registered the client in Spacewalk. I have created some channels and
child channels. I have scheduled an install of a package or a package
update and it adds it to the Pending Schedule. On the client, if I run,
'rhn_check -vvvv', I can see it log in, and installing the package or
updates. It all works.

However, if I schedule the install/update/(or even reboot), nothing
happens.  The client does have rhnsd running and I can see in Spacewalk
that the client has checked in since I scheduled the update however, it
did not run the pending jobs.

Where do I go from here ?  Are there specific logs  I can look at to see
what is happening when the client checks in? Am I missing a setting
somewhere. I'm lost at the moment in knowing where to look.

Thanks,
             David