[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-repo-sync not seeing new packages

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 09:35:32 UTC 2010

Hey all,

Just noticed something odd with repo-sync today. There were updates to gd
and pyxml last night in the centos repos but repo-sync is reporting no new
packages. Checked http://mirror.centos.org/centos-5/5.4/updates/x86_64/ in
my browser quickly and didn't see the new package until I did a forced
refresh so I assume the comporate http proxy cached the old http content and
got in the way.....

Checking on the spacewalk server with wget shows the current correct page
but running an update manually I get:

sudo /usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync --channel
centos_54_x64_updates                                --url
http://mirror.centos.org/centos-5/5.4/updates/x86_64/
--type yum --label centos_54_64_updates
Repo http://mirror.centos.org/centos-5/5.4/updates/x86_64/ has 436 packages.
No new packages to download.
Sync complete

Is there someway to tell reposync to include the HTTP request header *****No
*-*Cache*=True ?

I notice fairly often that my ubuntu desktop has corrupted package lists etc
unless I include the option *Acquire*::*http*::*No*-*Cache*=True during the
apt-get update so it would not surprise me if the proxy was mashing
something up....

Any ideas short of waiting X hours to see if the content expires and works?

James