[Spacewalk-list] --nobase option

Jason Ball jason at ball.net
Mon Jan 11 23:52:52 UTC 2010

This is easily fixed using a 'pre-install' script to change the kickstart.
 We have added this and it does the job nicely:

/usr/bin/sed -e 's/packages/packages --nobase --resolvedeps/' < /tmp/ks.cfg
> /tmp/ks.cfg.nobase /usr/bin/mv /tmp/ks.cfg.nobase /tmp/ks.cfg

J.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 7:28 AM, Crook, Parker <Parker_Crook at reyrey.com>wrote:

>  Hi all,
>

> The only thing keeping me from using the kickstart ‘wizard’ in Spacewalk is
> the lack of the ability to use the –nobase option; at least not that I have
> found (so currently I am stuck manually creating/managing all of my
> kickstart files.  Does anybody out there know how to manipulate the wizard
> to get the desired result?  Or are we stuck petitioning the developers for a
> new button?
>

> -Parker

The era of procrastination, of half measures of soothing and baffling
expedients, of delays, is coming to an end. In it's place we are entering a
period of  consequences.  - Winston Churchill
Inconvenient Truth</a>