[Spacewalk-list] Timezone confusion

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 22:50:48 UTC 2010

I had the same problem on Satellite 5.3.  Apparently the installer sets the
timezone by default to EST.  Here's what I had to do to set it to Central
(this is on Satellite 5.3, so YMMV):

Overview->Locale Preferences (set the timezone in the top drop-down)

Feedback for Red Hat:
1) Please have the installer set the displayed timezone to the system
timezone by default.
2) Perhaps I'm missing something, but the link to Locale Preferences is only
under Overview.  Why isn't it under Admin, where one would think it should
be located?

I haven't played with Spacewalk yet (just Satellite), so perhaps this has
been fixed recently.

Jeffrey.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that