[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk install on centos 5.4

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Jan 20 14:45:18 UTC 2010

lee wrote:
>  --> Missing Dependency: rhn-client-tools is needed by package
> spacewalk-certs-tools-0.7.2-1.el5.noarch (spacewalk)
> Error: Missing Dependency: rhnlib is needed by package
> rhnpush-5.4.2-1.el5.noarch (spacewalk)
> Error: Missing Dependency: rhnlib >= 1.8 is needed by package
> spacewalk-backend-0.7.18-1.el5.noarch (spacewalk)
> Error: Missing Dependency: rhn-client-tools is needed by package
> spacewalk-certs-tools-0.7.2-1.el5.noarch (spacewalk)
> You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
> You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
>                        package-cleanup --dupes
>                        rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
> The program package-cleanup is found in the yum-utils package.
>

> Now I dont want to do something here that will break the howto. It needs
> to be simpel.... plus I cant find this rhnlib >= for centos 5.4 or el5.4
> rpm!
>
> any advice here would be nice

Add this repo:
  http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.7-client/
If you done:
  rpm -Uvh
http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.7/RHEL/5/i386/spacewalk-repo-0.7-4.el5.noarch.rpm
according the documentation. You should have set it up in:
  /etc/yum.repos.d/spacewalk.repo

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering