[Spacewalk-list] Problems after 0.7 update

Rob See rob at rsee.net
Sat Jan 23 23:02:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

 I've run into a couple problems after doing the 0.7 update. Any suggestions would be appreciated

1) kickstart script generation is broken. I found an earlier post about how to fix the script manually, but it seems that anytime I make any changes to the kickstart config in the gui, I've got to go and apply the fix again. The problem I'm referring to is the following error message when you view the kickstart file

# ErrorCatcher instance has no attribute 'listErrors'
#   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/templar.py", line 122, in render
#     self.last_errors = t.errorCatcher().listErrors()
#

Is there a way to fix it permanently ?

2) Child repos are not available during kickstarting. If I try to use a child repo, I get an error in the anaconda log about being unable to retrieve the repository metadata. The URL it is trying to use is something like:

I double checked the cache, and the repository metadata is there.
If I try and hit that url directly, I get a message saying file download failed

Thanks,
-Rob