[Spacewalk-list] Duplicates and Reactivation (solved)

Eric linux_4_u at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 21:14:20 UTC 2010

----- Original Message ----

From: Tom Brown <tom at ng23.net>
To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Sent: Tue, July 27, 2010 2:32:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Duplicates and Reactivation (solved)

> I tried this script, and also converted it to Python just for fun.  Using both
>versions, I get the following error message:
>
> xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault -23: 'redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: You do not have
>permissions to perform this action.'>
>
> The message in the server log is similar:
>
> redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: You do not have permissions to perform this
>action.
>     at com.redhat.rhn.frontend.xmlrpc.BaseHandler.invoke(BaseHandler.java:124)
>     at redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcDispatcher.dispatch(XmlRpcDispatcher.java:123)
>         ... (error continues)
>
> This is when obtainReactivationKey is called.  The call to list_user_systems is
>successful.
>
> Can anyone help me understand what this error is telling me?  The user I'm
>using to access the API has all permissions enabled.

i dont suppose you can share your python script can you as i am having issues
going via a proxy with the perl one and i am trying to narrow down where the
issue is.

many thanks

When you mean going through a proxy do you mean a web proxy (i.e. squid). I had
trouble building a script using perl and the Spacewalk API to go through a web
proxy to reach the Spacewalk Server amd the RHN Network.

Regards,

-Eric