[Spacewalk-list] User Management Question

Mullis, Josh (CCI-Atlanta) josh.mullis at cox.com
Fri Jul 30 01:05:51 UTC 2010

Hey guys,

Was looking through the spacewalk roadmap and saw the "Improved user
management" for v1.3  .
Wondering what that might entail.

Reason I ask is I have an issue where I need a user in my org to only be
able to deploy files (in specific config channels) to specific systems.
With the current settings, all I can do is limit the systems they can
deploy to.

Think of it as a mysql dba wanting to utilize the config management
capabilities of spacewalk...
...and me the sysadmin not wanting them to be able to perform "root"
related tasks.

Again, just wondering if this type of granular user control will be
developed,

Thanks for reading through all that.  :)
-Josh