[Spacewalk-list] users.dbf @ 4.2GB

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Fri Jul 30 07:10:02 UTC 2010

On 07/29/2010 06:32 PM, Adam Yates wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> I've hit the 4GB limit with oracle pretty quickly. Something doesn't
> seem right
> with the amount of time in which the limit was hit. Any suggestions on
> troubleshooting this?

Well ... if you have at least two full channel (like full centos or full
fedora) then it is expected.

> In the meantime what is everyone's opinion on using Postgres as a backend
> instead of Oracle? Is it stable enough to use?
No. It is not stable. In nighlty build you should be able to install
Spacewalk, create first user and log in to Overview. Any other page will
give you more or less error. And we are looking for contributor who will
help us to fix those queried one by one. Sadly no one volunteer yet.

> Any help in this is greatly appreciated. I haven't included any debug
> information in this message quite frankly because I'm not sure where to
> start looking to determine the problem. I'm still pretty new to the whole
> spacewalk setup and haven't delved into the internals enough yet.

Either dedicate someone who will contribute to PgSQL support in
Spacewalk or buy license from Oracle.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering