[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Hostname rename

Marcus Moeller mail at marcus-moeller.de
Mon Jun 7 12:54:55 UTC 2010

Dear Tomas.

> HTTPS-MX monitoring scout e-mail is sent by sendmail.
> I am wondering, because I've never received monitoring scout startup e-mail from HTTPS-MX@<satellite_hostname>. :-)
>
> Could you be more concrete? And attach your scout startup e-mail and /var/log/rhn/rhn_hostname_rename.log?

Here is the content of the email:

Monitoring Scout configuration successful on spacewalk.domain.example

<< Sent by /usr/bin/npBootstrap.pl line 116 on host
spacewalk.domain.example (MAC ...).

   2 of these messages were filtered since Fri Jun  4 07:25:45 2010 GMT >>

It seems the mail is generated by:
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/NOCpulse/Gritch.pm

Maybe the 'wrong' value is still stored in:

/var/lib/nocpulse/npBootstrap.db

But I am not sure if it's safe to simply delete this file

Best Regards
Marcus