[Spacewalk-list] Centrally managed file change detection

Joshua.Roys at gtri.gatech.edu Joshua.Roys at gtri.gatech.edu
Fri Jun 11 12:31:00 UTC 2010

> If we assign a machine to a Configuration Channel with a centrally
> managed file in is there any way to have it auto-detect changes to
> that file, very much like puppet?

Hello!

Well, as it turns out, there is a taskomatic task that will run every night that will schedule configuration file comparisons...  and then the latest count of differing files will show up on the System overview page.  I have a patch locally that makes that a little nicer- I just need to figure out a nice way to upgrade the schema.

Hope to help,

Josh