[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk and Puppet integration

Cliff cperry at redhat.com
Tue Jun 15 17:43:59 UTC 2010

Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> On 06/15/2010 12:58 PM, Erling Ringen Elvsrud wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have been experimenting a bit with a setup that integrates Spacewalk
>> 0.8 and Puppet 0.25.x.
>
> I'm sure you know you can directly manage configuration files using
> Spacewalk. Yes Puppet can do a lot of things Spacewalk could not.
> I just want to ask what *you* are missing. Which feature of Puppet you
> would like to see in Spacewalk.

While I am also interested in knowing area's of the config management
system with Spacewalk would like maybe enhanced. I am quite interested
in knowing of this usage.

I found your write up to be very informative. Nice to see the usage of
custom_info and a custom External Node Lookup script.

Did you consider using Cobbler as an external node? If so, what was the
choice not to use it, lack of value?
  -
https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/UsingCobblerWithConfigManagementSystem

Are there area's within Spacewalk you would like to see enhanced further
to make future work with Puppet easier to do?

Are you using git or svn to store puppet config files? Since the config
management system of Spacewalk has basic revision control, did you
consider using Spacewalk's config management system to manage the puppet
configs? :)

Cliff