[Spacewalk-list] Question about creating custom distributions within spacewalk

Coy Hile Coy.Hile at COYHILE.COM
Tue Jun 22 11:06:25 UTC 2010

I have a question about creating kickstart distributions from arbitrary base channels in spacewalk.  At home, I am running Spacewalk 0.8 and at work Satellite 5.3 if that is relevant.  I can get the initrd/kernel/etc that are required for PXE from an existing ISO image of, for example, RHEL 5.5 or CentOS 5.5.  However, if I have created a distribution in the webform that refers to a custom base channel which either (1) contains additional RPMs such as the various spacewalk client tools or (2) contains sub-channels which have additional RPMs that I would like my kickstart to be able to install, I cannot find a tool to amalgamate an appropriate repodata/ directory in the distribution.

 I've seen reference to something called make-ks-tree.sh, but that appears to require a local filesystem from which to take the RPMs.  I want to be able to slurp the relevent information from the satellite (spacewalk) server.  What is the appropriate way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Coy Hile