[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart and registration

Jonas Bygdén jonas.bygden at trioptima.com
Fri Mar 5 12:16:35 UTC 2010

On 2010-03-05 11:18, James Hogarth wrote:
> On 5 March 2010 09:06, Jonas Bygdén<jonas.bygden at trioptima.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When kickstarting a system it gets automatically registered by the use of
>> the cobbler snippet 'redhat_register'. Is there a way to disable this
>> completely?
>>
>> The main reason for my question is that cobbler adds a default key to all
>> systems using the "Red Hat Management Key" variable, and we don't want that.
>> I've tried to edit the cobbler profiles to remove that auto-generated key,
>> but I don't seem to be able to do that.
>>
>> We're adding our own activation keys in a post script and re-registering the
>> system, which causes the system to be registered twice. Once with the by
>> cobbler auto generated key, and once with our keys.
>>
>> /Jonas
>>

> Within the activation key section of the kickstart have you tried not
> associating the kickstart with any activation keys? Also within the
> advanced options of the kickstart do you have key set to --skip ?
>
> James

I do have the key set to '--skip' in advanced options, and if I remove
all activation keys from the list of our keys then I still get an auto
generated key which will cause the 'redhat_register' cobbler snippet to
be included and the system registered with a key that I don't want.

root # cobbler profile report
--name=centos5-x86_64-xen:1:SpacewalkPublicCert
Name                           : centos5-x86_64-xen:1:SpacewalkPublicCert
Comment                        :
DHCP Tag                       : default
Distribution                   :
CentOs-5.3-x86_64-xen:xen:1:Spacewalk-Public-Cert
Enable PXE Menu?               : 1
Kernel Options                 : {}
Kernel Options (Post Install)  : {}
Kickstart                      :
/var/lib/rhn/kickstarts/wizard/centos53-x86_64-xen--1.cfg
Kickstart Metadata             : {'org': 1}
Management Classes             : []
Name Servers                   : []
Name Servers Search Path       : []
Owners                         : ['admin']
Parent Profile                 :
Red Hat Management Key         : 1-e864f76fe07e3fef07dbf9457fb6bdf2
Red Hat Management Server      : <<inherit>>
Repos                          : []
Server Override                : <<inherit>>
Template Files                 : {}
Virt Auto Boot                 : 1
Virt Bridge                    : xenbr0
Virt CPUs                      : 1