[Spacewalk-list] another satellite-sync question

Johnny Mirza JMirza at fairfaxdigital.com.au
Tue Mar 9 03:44:16 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have been successfully using spacewalk for a few months now but the server it is running on is a staging server.
I have built a new server and wanted to use satellite-sync to sync to the new server but I have been having issues and can't seem to find out how to get it work.

These are the guides that I'm using.
http://www.mail-archive.com/spacewalk-devel@redhat.com/msg00147.html
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/InterSpacewalkServerSync

when running satellite-sync --iss-parent=masterserver -l, I get the below error
ERROR: there was a problem synchronizing the information.
       Error message: ERROR: this server must be registered with RHN.

Thanks for your help.

Johnny Mirza

The information contained in this e-mail message and any accompanying files is or may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, reliance, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail or any attached files is unauthorised. This e-mail is subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or communicated without the written consent of the copyright owner. If you have received this e-mail in error please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail or telephone and delete all copies. Fairfax does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in this e-mail or attached files. Internet communications are not secure, therefore Fairfax does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message or attached files.