[Spacewalk-list] Fix db_password patch for rhn/common/rhnConfig.py

Eric linux_4_u at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 14:28:53 UTC 2010

There is an issue with the db_password. If it contains a '#' it will be truncated at that point.

It took me awhile to figure out that the
database password was getting truncated in
/usr/share/rhn/common/rhnConfig.py (spacewalk 0.8) starting at line 483.

I have included a patch that will only exclude lines from rhn.conf if the line begins with a #.

I ran into this problem during spacewalk-setup. When rhn-satellite-activate gets called is when the error occurs.

-Eric