[Spacewalk-list] Activation Key Base Channel "Spacewalk Default" issues (v0.8)

Jonathan Scott lists at xistenz.org
Tue May 4 13:35:25 UTC 2010

Good morning,

I seem to be having an issue with my activation keys.  Whenever I set a key
to use the Base Channel "Spacewalk Default", systems which register (either
by kickstart or rhnreg_ks) using it fail to subscribe to any of the software
channels I have associated with the key.  I've worked around this on earlier
spacewalk versions (0.6 and 0.7) by creating keys specific to architecture
and forcing the Base Channel to match, but this has resulted in a ton of
keys (due to business requirements) and I'm trying to consolidate.

I'm not sure of where I've gone wrong here.  I cannot seem to find any
mention of this on the bugzilla page, or in the spacewalk doc wiki (my
Search-Fu is admittedly weak).  I know this is a fully functional
configuration option on RHN Satellite and am attempting to duplicate my
setup on my Spacewalk server.

Anyone else out there tackled this one before?

Thanks!
- Jonathan