[Spacewalk-list] Error on provisioning of VM on kvm system

Milan Zazrivec mzazrivec at redhat.com
Fri May 21 09:45:11 UTC 2010

On Friday 21 May 2010 11:25:26 James Hogarth wrote:
> On 21 May 2010 10:21, Milan Zazrivec <mzazrivec at redhat.com> wrote:

> >> /facepalm

> >> [admin at spacewalk ~]$ rpm -q koan
> >> package koan is not installed

> >> That could explain a lot - wasn't it a dependency of spacewalk like
> >> cobbler?
> >
> > cobbler is supposed to run on server (Spacewalk), koan on the client
> > (the virt. host in your case).
> >
> > -MZ

> Ah sorry - too early and not enough coffee yet ;)
>
> The kvm guest of course hadn't existed by that point as it was just
> creating it - but I guess that would just mean I'd need to make sure
> koan was included in the package manifest for the kickstart?

I don't think koan on the guest is what matters here.

If I understand the problem correctly, you're getting a traceback
when provisioning a kvm guest from Spacewalk.

To be able to achieve that, you need to have several packages installed
on your virt. *host* (not guest), one of these packages being koan.

Judging by the traceback you showed in the initial email, you already
have koan installed on your host, but since there are currently
two versions of koan available in EPEL-5 (which is where I guess you
installed the package from), I was wondering which koan version
it is :-) (and whether or not both of them give you the same traceback)

-MZ