[Spacewalk-list] scheduled task runs, but doens't actually do anything

Keith Koene Keith.Koene at mercmarine.com
Mon May 24 21:26:06 UTC 2010

You may need to change the following line in the
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date file:

#FROM - -#
 retrieveOnly=1

#TO - -#
 retrieveOnly=0

=========================
Keith Koene, RHCT

"Treat your password like your toothbrush.  Don't let anybody else use it,
and get a new one every six months." - Clifford Stoll

Daniel Wittenberg <dwittenberg2008 at gmail.com>
Sent by: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com
05/20/2010 11:09 PM
Please respond to
spacewalk-list at redhat.com

spacewalk-list at redhat.com
cc

Subject
[Spacewalk-list] scheduled task runs,   but doens't actually do anything

Odd that everything seems to be working well, except when I schedule a
package to be updated it goes ok with no errors, I see lots of
communication (with wireshark) between spacewalk and the server being
updated, and then spacewalk says completed successfully, yet the package I
pushed isn't actually updated.  I've tested with multiple clients and
different packages.  I also did go to one system and just do a yum -y
install of the package and that went fine.  I turned up verbosity of the
osad script and didn't see anything obviously wrong there.  These are all
CentOS 5 x86_64 clients and server.

Ideas?

Dan