[Spacewalk-list] problem configuring jabber / osa-dispatcher with spacewalk 0.8

DEMARQUAY, Mathieu mathieu.demarquay at capgemini.com
Tue May 25 13:23:59 UTC 2010

I reinstalled from scratch spacewalk 1.0 on a new RHEL 5.3 machine and I am facing the same problem as before with jabber. This time I watched log files but nothing seems to go wrong during the spacewalk install:

-          /var/log/rhn/rhn-installation.log is ok (except that osa-dispatcher doesn't start properly)
-          If I execute manually « /usr/bin/spacewalk-setup-jabberd --macros hostname:swmgt_vip.exp.localdomain », it works fine.
-          If I re-execute /usr/bin/spacewalk-setup, same result.

Like the last previous installation I had to do:
chmod 644 /etc/jabberd/*
mkdir -p /var/jabberd/db
chown jabberd:jabberd /var/jabberd/db

Now, in /var/log/message I have the following message repeated constantly:
«
May 25 17:03:34 dev1vmsmgt1 jabberd/c2s[25958]: [6] [10.67.149.61, port=56731] connect
May 25 17:03:34 dev1vmsmgt1 jabberd/c2s[25958]: [6] packet sent before session start, closing stream
May 25 17:03:34 dev1vmsmgt1 jabberd/c2s[25958]: [6] [10.67.149.61, port=56731] disconnect
»

And when osad starts:
Starting osa-dispatcher: RHN 23937 2010/05/25 16:24:53 +02:00: ('Server does not support TLS - <starttls /> not in <features /> stanza',)
RHN 23937 2010/05/25 16:24:53 +02:00: ('Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 254, in setup_connection\n    c = self._get_jabber_client(js)\n  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 311, in _get_jabber_client\n    c.connect()\n  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 601, in connect\n    raise SSLDisabledError\nSSLDisabledError\n',)

As I am trying to put spacewalk in a cluster (Red Hat Cluster suite), before configuring spacewalk I change manually the hostname of my machine to the hostname of a Virtual IP address. I am wondering if this trick is not interfering with the spacewalk installation and causing my problem...

Could you help me to troubleshoot? Can someone who made a typical spacewalk/jabber install send me its jabber configuration files in /etc/jabberd/ just to see what it should looks like?

I attached my own jabber configuration files to this post.

Best regards,
Mathieu