[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.1 Cannot Create Kickstart Distribution -- Internal Server Error

DD W ddwx2 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 1 23:27:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have Spacewalk 1.1 installed on CentOS 5.5 (i386).   The installation is a couple of weeks old.  Cobbler 2.0.3.1-3.el5.noarch is installed.  Some searching turned up a similar issue involving CentOS 5.4.  The recommendation was to uninstall cobbler 2.0.3 and install cobbler-1.6.6.   I was able to find cobbler-1.6.6.  I stopped spacewalk and made sure cobblerd was also stopped.  As a precaution I also stopped Oracle-xe.

I ran "yum remove cobbler" to find out what would be removed.  In addition to cobbler it wants to remove the following dependencies:

 osa-dispatcher-selinux                  noarch                 5.9.42-1.el5                    installed                 213 k
 spacewalk-admin                         noarch                 1.2.6-1.el5                     installed                  30 k
 spacewalk-backend-tools                 noarch                 1.2.49-1.el5                    installed                 1.0 M
 spacewalk-common                        noarch                 1.2.3-1.el5                     installed                   30
 spacewalk-java                          noarch                 1.2.73-1.el5                    installed                  10 M
 spacewalk-oracle                        noarch                 1.2.3-1.el5                     installed                   63
 spacewalk-schema                        noarch                 1.2.55-1.el5                    installed                 5.7 M
 spacewalk-selinux                       noarch                 1.2.3-1.el5                     installed                  69 k
 spacewalk-setup                         noarch                 1.2.13-1.el5                    installed                 146 k
 spacewalk-taskomatic                    noarch                 1.2.73-1.el5                    installed                 9.3 k

I also ran "yum downgrade cobbler" to see if that would work and received:

Only Upgrade available on package: cobbler-2.0.3.1-3.el5.noarch
Nothing to do

For CentOS 5.5 should I proceed with removing cobbler and it's dependencies, install the 1.6.6 version of cobbler, and reinstall the dependencies or is there another solution to this problem.

-D