Re: [Spacewalk-list] Proxy 1.1 selinux issue

On 11/02/2010 11:23 PM, Brian_Kosick mcafee com wrote:
Hi All,

I just updated our proxy from 1.0 to 1.1 on a RHEL5.5-i386 box.    I keep getting the following error on the client.

rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=https://sp.server.com/XMLRPC --activationkey=XXXXXXXXXXXXX --force
An error has occurred:

Error Message:
     RHN Proxy error (auth caching issue). Please contact your system administrator.
Error Class Code: 1000
Error Class Info: RHN Proxy error.
Explanation:
      An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
      persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.
      If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
      details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
      details on how to reproduce this problem.

Yes, this was already fixed in nightly (upcoming 1.2). It is fixed in %posttrans of spacewalk-proxy-common.

If you want to fix your 1.1 you should do:

mkdir /var/cache/rhn/proxy-auth 2>/dev/null
chown apache:root /var/cache/rhn/proxy-auth
restorecon /var/cache/rhn/proxy-auth

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering