[Spacewalk-list] RHN spacewalk package update discrepancy

Jet Wilda Jet.Wilda at fadv.com
Thu Nov 4 19:09:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

	I have spacewalk 1.1 setup and I have a local mirror via rhnget
of the RHN channel rhel-x86_64-server-5 that I then spacewalk-repo-sync
into our spacewalk server.  I have a test server that has Redhat 5.1 on
it that was registered on RHN that I switched to our spacewalk server.
However when the System is registered to RHN it shows 458 packages that
need to be updated, but when I register it with our spacewalk server it
only shows 285 packages that need to be updated. i.e.

What RHN shows:
Errata	Packages	  System
Base Channel
 966	       458		 testserver	           Red Hat
Enterprise Linux (v. 5 for 64-bit x86_64)

What Spacewalk shows:
   System			Errata	Packages	Configs	  Base
Channel
 testserver			 0	        285		   0
rhel 5 - Base - x86_64

The channel on the spacewalk server shows the same number of packages as
the corresponding channel in RHN.  Is it because I haven't imported the
errata?  Or what else could cause this?

Thanks,
~Jet