[Spacewalk-list] FW: Spacewalk 1.1 Configuration Channels - Uploading Files

spopov at sympatico.ca spopov at sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 11 03:05:47 UTC 2010

Hi

I have a Spacewalk 1.1 server running on RHEL 5.5, and am starting to work with Configuration Channels. I have a simple question. Is there a way to Upload a configuration file from a Linux server - where configuration files tend to be created in the first place - directly from the Add Files app or somewhere else in the Spacewalk admin gui? So far I can see how to load a file which is local to the machine running the brower (in this case my desktop), or import a file existing in another channel, or create the file from scratch. I can of course just get the file to my desktop many ways but it wouild be very convenient to be able to do it form within the Add File app.