[Spacewalk-list] An issue with Centos client with Spacewalk server for updating packages.

David Nutter davidn at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Wed Nov 17 10:12:16 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 10:48:44PM -0600, Krishnakumar Dharmarajan wrote:
> Hello Team,
>

> I am having an issue with Centos client with Spacewalk server for
> updating packages.
>
> I have a CentOS updates/Base/Epel channel which follows the updates as
> they come from CentOS. I have a client that was installed as CentOS 5.3
> and
>
> is subscribed to this Base/Updates channel. I can see updates
> outstanding for it but when i try to apply those updates, it is not
> showing the repository at client system.
>

> Yum repolist       shows nothing

Sounds like rhnplugin is broken in some way (disabled in
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf?), but maybe there's another
explanaiton: I did have a system that lost its registration
credentials for the server and then behaved a bit like that.

Is the system checking in? If not then it could have lost its
registration creds.

Also, what happens if you schedule an action at the server and run

 rhn_check -vvvv

If you get authentication errors then maybe try reregistering the
system and deleting its old profile.

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
Scottish Crop Research Institute (SCRI), a registered Scottish charity
No. SC006662