[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-backend in Fedora

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Nov 18 14:17:22 UTC 2010

I finally get package spacewalk-backend into Fedora. Which is good. But
there are also drawback...

I just submited it to updates of F13 and F14, so it will appear in
updates-testing soon. And after week it may get into stable. I put there
1.2 version (release will be probably tomorrow), which means, that
everybody who has F13 or F14 with Spacewalk 1.1 and older should be
carefull with "yum upgrade" as upgrading to spacewalk-backend-1.2 (while
everything else will remain on 1.1), will break you Spacewalk.

And of course it is missing spacewalk-backend-sql-oracle sub-package and
Oracle bits are not allowed in Fedora.
--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering