[Spacewalk-list] osad error - request to start session in non-serviced domain

David Nutter davidn at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Tue Nov 23 14:36:23 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 03:04:03PM +0100, David Hrbáč wrote:

*snip*

> I have been trying to recreate instance for jabberd with:
> rm /var/lib/jabberd/db -rf
> rpm -e jabberd --nodeps
> yum install jabberd
> spacewalk-setup-jabberd --macros hostname:spacewalk.vsb.cz --verbose

*snip*

> Is there someone successfully running jabberd and osad on Centos 5.5 64bit?
> Configuration is:
> [root at spacewalk ~]# rpm -q jabberd jabberpy osad spacewalk-setup
> spacewalk-setup-jabberd
> jabberd-2.2.11-1.el5
> jabberpy-0.5-0.17.el5
> osad-5.9.38-1.el5
> spacewalk-setup-1.1.14-1.el5
> spacewalk-setup-jabberd-1.1.1-1.el5

Yes, I am, but I'm not running osad on the spacewalk server, just
osa-dispatcher. ISTR that osad doesn't work on the spacewalk server
but can't find a reference to this limitation so may well be wrong.

For reference I have the following packages installed on my
production box but I'm lagging behind at spacewalk 1.0 for now so
they're a bit older than yours.

rpm -q jabberd jabberpy osad osa-dispatcher spacewalk-setup spacewalk-setup-jabberd

jabberd-2.2.8-2.el5
jabberpy-0.5-0.17.el5
package osad is not installed
osa-dispatcher-5.9.31-1.el5
spacewalk-setup-1.0.1-1.el5
spacewalk-setup-jabberd-1.0.1-1.el5

If you think it may help I can post my Jabber config files to pastebin
or something but I suspect the difference in versions may make this
pointless.

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
Scottish Crop Research Institute (SCRI), a registered Scottish charity
No. SC006662