[Spacewalk-list] Problems with remote commands on some systems

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Oct 4 11:31:55 UTC 2010

Edward Dore wrote:
% Mike,
%
% Ah, that's better, much more verbose! Output at
% http://pastebin.com/s7nW1YLp It doesn't mean a great deal more to me,
% doesn't look to have much more in the way of details, but hopefully it
% will mean something to you :)
%
% I've just kicked my brain in to gear and realised that the common
% thing between these three servers is that they are running cPanel
% which likes to compile it's own perl from scratch and install it over
% the top of the one provided in the RHEL/CentOS RPM!

That's good to know but I'm affraid there is something more different as
none of scripts in the log above touches perl.

Does the scripts do what they are supposed to when run manually?
Another thing -  Is selinux enabled? Are there any AVC denials in
audit.log?

The strange thing is

   Sending back response (1, 'Script failed', {'output': '', ...

because rpm -q should output something either on installed or missing key.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat