[Spacewalk-list] cobbler problem

Bill Gunter tulanian at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 10:27:39 UTC 2010

I'm using cobbler 2.0.3.1 with Spacewalk 1.0 and having a strange problem
with system registration after kickstart. I cloned a kickstart profile,
changed the Base channel,  and used it to kickstart a system. After it
finished I noticed it wasn't registered to spacewalk. Looking at the
ks-post.log I see this:

Error Message:
    Conflicting base channels
Error Class Code: 63
Error Class Info: Conflicting activation tokens

So, I check the profile and see that an activation key is selected that
specifies the Base channel from the profile. So, as a test, I changed that
to "Spacewalk Default" and tried again. This time no conflict, but the
system is registered to the old Base channel. My question is how can I
determine what is specified by the Redhat Management Key in the cobbler
profile report:

- cut -
Owners                         : ['admin']
Parent Profile                 :
Red Hat Management Key         :
1-e7d85809b7913c1c8df27d923f3471da,1-prod-rhel-5-64
Red Hat Management Server      : <<inherit>>
Repos                          : []
Server Override                : <<inherit>>
- cut -

The second key I know, but what about 1-e7d85809b7913c1c8df27d923f3471da?
How can I find out what channel that key is specifying?

Thanks,

Bill

--
Bill Gunter
tulanian at gmail.com
http://www.gunternation.com
http://www.readymealreview.com

"I think we delight to praise what we enjoy because the praise not merely
expresses but completes the enjoyment; it is its appointed consummation."
Reflections on the Psalms, C.S. Lewis

Spread Firefox!