[Spacewalk-list] Disconnect between yum update and spacewalk UI

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Sep 1 07:56:10 UTC 2010

Tarun Reddy wrote:
% >> > So I've found the "trick" of cleaning out the repodata on the spacewalk
% >> > server, but now when I do a yum update, I get 33 packages, where the
% >> > Spacewalk UI only show 19? Do I need to remove and reregister my system?
% >> > Thank you in advance,
% >> > Tarun
% >>
% >> Does the spacewalk server show 19 errata or 19 packages?
% >>
% > Shows 19 packages, 0 errata.
% >
% Sorry for the nasty HTML in the last email.
%
% In any case, so I started up a new system, registered it with spacewalk, and
% had the same package install discrepancy.
%
% 65 updates available via yum, 47 via spacewalk.
%
% So I did the yum update. Now I have no updates in yum, but 1 still in
% spacewalk. And I did a yum clean all in between each.

What's the package NVRA (name-version-release-arch)?
Is the package installed on client? Same/different NVRA?

% Sigh... not sure where to look now.
%
% Tarun

Michael Mráka