[Spacewalk-list] Client update question

Tarun Reddy treddy at rallydev.com
Fri Sep 3 14:24:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 6:38 AM, Eric Lake <ericlake at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 8:24 AM, rob morrien <rmorrien at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > hello to All,
> >
> > i have the same problem in spacewalk 1.1 .
> >
> > not in spacewalk 1.0
> To note. This is a spacewalk 1.1 install for me as well. The server
> knows that there is a package update available but the client machine
> does not see it.

Have you tried

rm -rf /var/cache/rhn/repodata/*

on your spacewalk server?
Each call to yum update against a particular repo will rebuild the
corresponding directory you just deleted. Give it a few minutes and it
should now sync up.

On the otherhand when you get that complete and now yum shows more packages
than spacewalk, can you let me know? I'm running into that issue on a
spacewalk 1.1 system that I created from scratch, but not a spacewalk 1.1
system upgraded from 1.0.

Tarun