[Spacewalk-list] Registered CentOS client still pulling updates from mirrors?

Norman P. B. Joseph joseph at ctc.com
Tue Sep 14 19:16:04 UTC 2010

Mike,

All those options check out.  But I think I see what was going on now,
and it wasn't Spacewalk.  My tcpdump was filtering only on port 80, but
I failed to realize that my client was talking to my server on port 443!
So while I was watching it check all the off-site mirrors on port 80 I
was failing to see that it was talking to my spacewalk server on port
443 all the time.  Operator error!  Thanks for the pointers.  Back to
lurking...

-Norm

Norman Joseph, Senior System Engineer              joseph at ctc.com
Concurrent Technologies Corporation                 814.269.2633
Information Systems Management Office (ISMO)

This message and any files transmitted within are intended
solely for the addressee or its representative and may
contain company sensitive information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, notify the sender immediately and delete
this message.  Publication, reproduction, forwarding, or
content disclosure is prohibited without the consent of the
original sender and may be unlawful.

Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392