[Spacewalk-list] systems not registered by default?

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 23:59:43 UTC 2010

Mike

Yes, clients can access RPMs before activation/registration but not
trivially.  Here's a snippet from the post script from a kickstart:
---
mkdir -p /tmp/rhn_rpms/optional
cd /tmp/rhn_rpms/optional
wget -P /tmp/rhn_rpms/optional
http://127.0.0.1/download/package/914a8ce4e6f7676172d0a4a7f676c27ec9a2a671/0/1/574/libxml2-python-2.6.26-2.1.2.8.x86_64.rpm
http://127.0.0.1/download/package/820777256524475e88b262c612dbac16af14ccc4/0/1/9831/rhnlib-2.5.26-1.el5.noarch.rpm
http://127.0.0.1/download/package/3fd11ca62e5c2445fb825be90c6d180b6ff7a258/0/1/1433/pyOpenSSL-0.6-1.p24.7.2.2.x86_64.rpm
rpm -Uvh --replacepkgs --replacefiles
/tmp/rhn_rpms/optional/pyOpenSSL* /tmp/rhn_rpms/optional/rhnlib*
/tmp/rhn_rpms/optional/libxml2-python*
---

Notice the 'wget' followed by the 'rpm'.

CC

RHCE#805007969328369