[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk do not want to install updates

Balazs Zachar zachar at awst.at
Sat Sep 18 13:34:54 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have enabled the update repositories in my yum on a system that is
registered into the spacewalk (actually the spacewalk server itself) and
listed the available updates. I have found some packages that were
listed as possible updates but they are not listed in the spacewalk as
upgrades. For example the apr package:

[root at spacewalk ~]# rpm -qa apr
apr-1.2.7-11.el5_3.1
[root at spacewalk ~]# yum list updates apr
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities, rhnplugin
  * addons: gd.tuwien.ac.at
  * base: gd.tuwien.ac.at
  * epel: ftp.fi.muni.cz
  * extras: gd.tuwien.ac.at
  * rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
  * updates: gd.tuwien.ac.at
4756 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Updated Packages
apr.x86_64
1.2.7-11.el5_5.2
updates
[root at spacewalk ~]# /usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync --channel
centos5-updates-x86_64 --url
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/updates/x86_64/ --type yum
Repo http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/updates/x86_64/ has 734 packages.
No new packages to download.
Sync complete
[root at spacewalk ~]# spacecmd system_upgradepackage spacewalk.example.com *
INFO: Connected to https://localhost/rpc/api as blabla
WARNING: No packages to install
[root at spacewalk ~]# spacecmd softwarechannel_listpackages
centos5-updates-x86_64|grep ^apr
INFO: Connected to https://localhost/rpc/api as blabla
apr-1.2.7-11.el5_5.2.i386
apr-1.2.7-11.el5_5.2.x86_64

So it looks the spacewalk has the new package in the updates channel but
it do not want to install it as update...

Any idea?

Regards,
Balazs