[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart w/o internet access

Sascha Bendix sascha.bendix at 360t.com
Tue Sep 28 16:25:36 UTC 2010

Hi,

in my current setup the clients doesn't have access to the internet. They are supposed to get all the stuff they need from the spacewalk (version 1.1) server.

There is only one little problem with this: During the kickstart process the update of package lists seems to be triggered by rhnreg_ks and rhn_check during the first %post section which is titled "cobbler snippet". At this point they always wait for the timeout which takes 4 time longer than the rest of the installation does.

I couldn't find out where this "cobbler snippet" is located in the filesystem (it's not in /var/lib/rhn/kickstarts/snippets). Can anybody give me some hint ?

I disable the repositories later in some other %post script. As an alternative to change the snippet, is there a way to do the registration in some later %post section?

Or does anybody has another idea how to deal with this issue?

Regards,

Sascha Bendix

believed to be clean.