[Spacewalk-list] Remove packages still on disk (1.2)

Jason M. Nielsen jnielsen at myriad.com
Mon Apr 11 15:05:20 UTC 2011

On 04/11/2011 08:29 AM, Michael Mraka wrote:
> Jason M. Nielsen wrote:
> % Spacewalk 1.2 with an Oracle 11g(might be 10g?) backend.
> %
> % I first attempted to remove some of the packages via the webgui but
> % this didnt seem to result in their deletion from disk so I turned to
> % spacecmd and did the following:
> %
> % package_remove *
> % errata_delete *
> % package_removeorphans *
> % clear_caches
> % package_search kernel
> %<no return>
> % errata_list
> %<no return>
> %
> % Files still exist on disk though in "/var/satellite".
> %
> % How do I remove all of these files and recover disk space correctly?
>
> Look for spacewalk-data-fsck.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Michael Mráka
> Satellite Engineering, Red Hat

Know what package contains that? System wide find was unable to locate
it nor a "yum whatprovides */spacewalk-data-fsck".

This repo is setup and enabled as well:
baseurl=http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/1.2/RHEL/5/$basearch/

Googling seems to indicate it should be in /usr/bin from the
spacewalk-backend-tools package which doesnt appear to be present for
1.2. Is this only available for 1.3 and 1.4?

yum install spacewalk-backend-tools
Package spacewalk-backend-tools-1.2.75-1.el5.noarch already installed
and latest version

root at leonov:~# rpm -ql spacewalk-backend-tools | grep data
root at leonov:~#