[Spacewalk-list] Database Schema Update Issue - 1.2 to 1.3 Upgrade

Speagle, Andy andy.speagle at wichita.edu
Wed Apr 13 19:42:31 UTC 2011

Hi all...

I'm having an issue with the upgrade from v1.2 to v1.3 ... when I run the spacewalk-schema-upgrade script... it just simply returns:

No existing schema version info found in rhnVersionInfo.

I can make a simple connection via sqlplus.. so I know the database is running and available.  Looking at the schema upgrade script... I find the query that it runs to check the schema version:

select rhnPackageName.name || '-' || (PE.evr).version || '-' || (PE.evr).release
        from rhnVersionInfo, rhnPackageName, rhnPackageEVR PE
        where rhnVersionInfo.label = 'schema'
        and rhnVersionInfo.name_id = rhnPackageName.id
        and rhnVersionInfo.evr_id = PE.id;

And when I run that manually via sqlplus .. I get no rows returned.

Has anyone seen this issue?

Andy Speagle
System & Storage Administrator
UCATS - Wichita State University