[Spacewalk-list] python-ethtool missing from spacewalk client repo?

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Apr 29 07:48:58 UTC 2011

Glennie, Jonathan - 0443 - MITLL wrote:
% I'm running 1.3 and have been using it fine for a while now.  Recently
% though, when trying to set up new CENTOS 5 clients I run into an issue
% installing the necessary client packages.  Output is blow.
% Error: Missing Dependency: python-ethtool is needed by package
% rhn-client-tools-1.3.12-1.el5.noarch (spacewalk-client)
%
% You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
% You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
%                         package-cleanup --dupes
%                         rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
% The program package-cleanup is found in the yum-utils package.
%
% The client is configured to use the spacewalk-client repo at
% http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/1.3-client/RHEL/5/$basearch/  but I don't
% see python-ethtool listed there anymore.  I checked and the package is on my
% synced version of the spacewalk-client repo on my SW server.  Is the package
% no longer needed or did it accidentally get removed from the repo?

It's in EPEL repo.
See https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/RegisteringClients for
detailed instructions.

Michael Mráka