[Spacewalk-list] Upload content problem

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Aug 4 11:54:39 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 08:02:30AM +1000, Ivan Pavlenko wrote:
> Hi ALL,
>
> I have RHEL 5.5, PostgreSQL 8.4 and Spacewalk 1.5. When I try to
> upload content for my new channel by:
> "spacewalk-repo-sync --channel=rhel5-x86_64 --type yum"
> I got:
> "yum.Errors.RepoError: Cannot retrieve repository metadata
> (repomd.xml) for repository: rhel5-x86_64. Please verify its path
> and try again" only

And are you sure the URL you specified for the repository for the
channel is correct? You should be able to wget the
$THE_URL/repodata/repomd.xml

> My server has rhn registration I can update it by yum. When I try to
> use web GUI. I got error "The scheduling service appears down.
> Please contact your Satellite administrator."
>
> What did I do wrong? How I can upload content?

The scheduling service it mentions is taskomatic. So start with
service taskomatic status and check
/var/log/rhn/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.log for any clues.

--
Jan Pazdziora