[Spacewalk-list] Support for SUSE and RHEL4

Jason M. Nielsen jnielsen at myriad.com
Mon Aug 8 15:59:01 UTC 2011

Running Spacewalk 1.4 with RHEL 4.8 clients. I have seen some strange
issues during the registration process. The registration appeared to be
ok and the client would check in (via rhn_check) without issue but it
would never show updates being available. Had to reregister every client
after the initial registration to get this working. There is no yum rhn
plugin as far as I know for RHEL4 so you will be back to using up2date
which while it works its just not as nice as yum and it makes things
inconsistent across installations. Also up2date doesnt appear to notify
SW about actions that have taken place like yum does. ie: up2date
install foo will not register an event in spacewalk. If you schedule
from spacewalk though it works fine. Rollbacks also do not appear to
work at all.