[Spacewalk-list] Invalid entitlement when registering RHEV guests

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 06:33:15 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Colin Coe <colin.coe at gmail.com> wrote:
> In August their were posts with a similar subject "Invalid entitlement
> when registering KVM guests".
>
> I'm running a RHEV 3.0 BETA 4 environment and I've just started trying
> to using Spacewalk to provision RHEV guests.  Spacewalk v1.5 on
> Postgresql.
>
> the problem occurs when rhnreg_ks runs in the %post kickstart script.
> The Kickstart profile is defined with a "Virtualisation Type" of
> "None".
>
> The post from Auguest mentions a work around of trying a different KVM
> host.  I've tried provisioning guests from Spacewalk on all of my RHEV
> hosts (fat RHEL not RHEV-H) but the result is the same on all hosts.
> The only entitlement specified is Provisioning but removing that
> entitlement does not resolve the problem.
>
> I'm happy to post the traceback but not to the list.
>
> Any ideas if this is unique to Postgresql backed spacewalk servers?
>
> Any ideas how I can progress this?
>
> Its quite a blocker for me.
>
> Thanks
>
> CC

As test, I've fallen back to my old method of building of an ISO image
and then manually registering.  The manual registering attempt failed
with the same traceback as I get when I provision from Spacewalk.

 I last did this successfully a week or so ago.  Since this time, the
only change to the environment that I can think of is the upgrade from
RHEV 3.0 Beta 3 to Beta 4.

Thanks

CC

--