[Spacewalk-list] Variables not passing to snippets

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Feb 4 11:17:35 UTC 2011

Hagberg, Keith wrote:
% Running Spacewalk 1.2 and I have created several snippets for use in
% the post section of the kickstart. I had to add the #raw/#endraw to
% the snippet to get them to properly show up in the kickstart. Doing
% this seems to break the ability to have a variable in the snippet.
%
% I have a variable ETH=eth0 and am using $ETH in a snippet.
%
% The $ETH works fine in the kickstart post section not in a snippet.
%
% When I look at the kickstart itself it is not doing the replacement.

You can either switch raw mode off for a line:

  #raw
  this $dolar sign will not be expanded
  #end raw
  my interface is $ETH0
  #raw
  this $dolar sign either will not be expanded
  #end raw

or do not use raw mode and escape appropriate $ signs:

  this \$dolar sign will not be expanded
  my interface is $ETH0
  this \$dolar sign either will not be expanded

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat