[Spacewalk-list] Creating Yum Repo and Registering Systems

William S. williamsani at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 17:42:04 UTC 2011

In the past, I would have normally used a cron task to rsync with a mirror to download the packages to a local system, and then I would use createrepo along with httpd to set it up. I'm a bit confused on how this is done with spacewalk, and having stared at the documentation, I'm afraid I've overwhelmed myself with too much information. Unfortunately, I'm not a *nix guru so, I can't simply figure it out 100% on my own.

Is there a simple explanation to my complex question? Any tips, guides or cookbooks that I can study? Perhaps the RHN satellite docs (if relevant)? It seems that I'm missing something because I can't read between the lines with the wiki posts.

Thanks,
Will